Managed and edited by:
Firmansyah Shidiq Wardhana (January 19th 2012: 00:45)
WHY WIKIPEDIA BECOME SO STRANGE ?
Wednesday, January 18, 2012: 22:00 pm
In my heart I muttered “it’s been a long time is not self-update information from wikipedia service”. Understand it because the free encyclopedia It has been a trendsetter in a global data compilation as a reference of this decade the science of the entire global community. Then I go on the computer keyboard keys pressed and typing word for word to open the window during the millennium world universe that is using an English-language Wikipedia to use the domain. Com
But it turns out that whatever power I have is the dialog box contains the words “IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT FREE KNOWLEDGE” which turned out to have calibaration investigate this is an effort by the CEO jimm Wales Wikipedia and Wikimedia Corporations as a form BLACKING OUT (temporary protests and boycotts of products / services ) to the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives who are conducting a judicial formulation and legalization efforts of Law Anti-piracy legislation that is SOPA and PIPA.
18 January 2012 turned out today was the SOPA PIPA FIGHT effort of pretesting laws SOPA and the warning pipe as a new case of U.S. Senates and the House of Justice to seek enforcement of U.S. anti-piracy, copyright in the goods-services and a violation of Internet technology (the Internet infringements)
MORE ABOUT SOPA AND PIPA
I. What is SOPA and PIPA
According to Wikipedia, SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) and PIPA (Protect IP Address) is the HKTI law (property law and copyright information technology) filed a legal-offisial by U.S. senators and high officials (on October 26, 2011 on initiative of the House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar S. Smith, the U.S. and a bipartisan group of 12 U.S. Judiciary Committee)
2. What ARE Regulated In SOPA and PIPA
With the aim to protect copyright internet content such as video, music, software and all the goods / services from piracy of digital global (global piracy).
SOPA and PIPA governs how virtual worlds should be according to the order of the Judiciary Committee of the U.S. and U.S. Senates, and of course users. However, this law is not as simple as that, many things from this legislation will change the way the internet works today.
3. CONTENTS OF BASIC ABOUT SOPA – PIPA BILL
There are a few things on which to base major command laws and PIPA SOPA this:
- ISPs ordered to change their DNS servers from reading the domain name of a site in the country outside the U.S. that hold illegal content such as videos, songs, or images (essentially, blocked).
- Ordered the search engines like Google, Yahoo, Altavista and other measures to change the search query to exclude sites that store illegal content and contains elements of piracy (so if you are looking at the search site, this site will not be found).
- Ordered online payment service such as Amazon, etc. to turn off the account from the site outside the U.S. that hold illegal content.
- Ordered advertising services like Google Adsense to refuse ads or payments from sites outside the U.S. that hold illegal content.
(Source: Media SINDO Cost: 17 January 2012)
4. NEGATIVE EFFECT OF SOPA- PIPA BILL LEGALISATION
With the ratification and implementation of SOPA and PIPA, of course, will make the Internet technology giant classmates Wikipedia, Google, Yahoo, Facebook and Mozilla shout. Since this is one form of development Framework of REPRESSIONS and SUPRESSIONS of TECHNOLOGY.
Automatic, will many aspects of the order teknolohi Internet that will change, one of the implementations of the legalization of SOPA and PIPE on the Internet are DNS Filtering and are believed by experts Internet and one of them, Mozilla, that doing so will result in super-tight protection issues security on the Internet and also slow down the performance of the current Internet. There are also other impacts that would occur on the internet, among others:
- Many blogs (blogsspot, wordpress and webly) or blogging sites online that will be strictly censored and closed down due to the use of such logos, photographs or other media which claimed hijacked by the owner.
- While the global impact is cyberspace visitors will no longer be able to do activities or download the software at Scribd sevata mediastream free, perform self-bootlegging and upload a video on You-Tube, conduct live-free streaming video and such because the law considers illegal with the aim of protecting copyright.
- A variety of web sites and social media services like Multiply, Facebook, YouTube, rapid * share, Twitter, Flickr, etc. will have many problems and prosecuted for content contributed by the public will be filtered and censored strictly to minimize the occurrence of piracy and pencuriaan property rights.
- Creativity, breaktrough and Innovation and technological development of the Internet will be experiencing as a stagnant stuff of development and will slow down because the new companies should be able to meet the standards of SOPA and PIPA conducted by the UNITED STATES.
5. FACTS IN RELATED FIELD OF SOPA PIPA BILL
A. OPPOSITION OF SOPA PIPA BILL
- On 18 January 2012 are assumed as three times a day FIGHT PIPE SOPA with Wikipedia as a center of action was to black out in the yard for 24 hours and blasted the U.S. senates to mengimajikan tagline that ‘THEY CAN imagine a world without SCIENCE ACCESSIBLE TO FREE THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY? “
- In November last Mozilla has also made black outnya action to explore the support of the global Internet user in order to fight the legalization of SOPA PIPE. Then in December 2011 and then, a coalition of anti-SOPA full-page advertisements in almost all the national media. Unmitigated, Google even hired 15 lobbying firms to block packets from reaching the bill was passed.
- Reporting from kaskus.us per January 17, 2012 that the number of firms and global alliances PIPELINE ANTI SOPA PIPAonly 58 companies and alliance supporters. This amount is only half the number of supporters of legalization SOPA PIPE
B.AFFIRMATIVE SUPPORTS OF SOPA PIPA
- However, facing enemy anti-SOPA PIPA is not opposed to nuts, they have steel affirmative supports of it .According kaskus.us caliber opponents more than the data already collected on 17 January 2012 there were 124 Company and the Alliance have expressed of their bias on SOPA PIPE. Among other things the music industry, film and American chambers of commerce are behind the bill. One of the American Association of Film Distributors (AAFD) organization that oversees the well-known names such as Universal Pictures, Sony, Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox. MPVA and MPPA has been known to be very keen to target sites that can not be accessed outside of the U.S. citizen and is seen as the party always loses in the face of foreign pirates who violate copyright SOPA PIPE.
- Meanwhile, in congressional support for the package that consists of two very serious bill is also much less support from the Judiciary Committee in which pionneered it
6. WHAT CAN WE DO?
- Like as a civilized and educated man, then it is fitting for us to necessarily be concerned with what happens to the current issue is SOPA and PIPA. Do not just sit and wait what will happen. Because the essence of civilized human beings is to have attention to what happens in any sekitarnya.sekecil it.
- And as we all know that the effects of legalization of SOPA and PIPA will be a major threat to Internet users the world, especially for Indonesia is no need to doubt the existence of its online community to the fourth highest in the world both on Youtube, Wikipedia, Google, Amazon and Social Media (FB, TWt etc.)
- Just imagine if the black-out effort will be made by Google Inc.. as the search engine world every day always faithful to help us for 24 hours then do like what was done by Wikipedia as a protest against the U.S. Senate, U.S. Judiciary Ministry and U.S. House of Representatives.
LET US DO REAL ACTION … ..
DO NOT JUST WAITING AND WAITING
BEFORE TOO LATE AND BEFORE DATE 24 JANUARY 2012
because remember that on this date will begin voting in U.S. Senate legislation on legalization SOPA and PIPA.
REMEMBER WE HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVE A VOICE
REMEMBER WE HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVE A VOICE
PROTECT FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM OF EXPRESSSION <FREEDOM OF GETTING KNOWLEDGE and FREEDOM OF INTERNET USAGE
HOW TO MAKE ACTION: SUPPORT PETITION FIGHT SOPA through:
Follow the procedures that have been listed in the website.Remember one vote determining the FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND INTERNET USAGE we use Internet technology.